Many of our neighbors have worked hard all of their lives and have been physically and financially able to repair their homes. When circumstances make this difficult or impossible, we can help.
Through our volunteers and donations, we make repairs that improve the health, safety, and independence of our neighbors. We serve all income-qualified homeowners including senior citizens, single parents, grandparents raising grandkids, people with disabilities, families with children, veterans, children caring for their ailing parents and any other applicants who meet our income requirements.
Are you Eligible?
- Your home must be in San Mateo County or in the cities of Sunnyvale, Mountain View, Los Altos or Palo Alto in Santa Clara County
- You must own your home (not a renter), live in the home, and be able to provide proof of ownership.
- You should have the intent to remain in your current home for at least two years after receiving repairs.
- You may not own another home.
- Your total gross household income (from all adults 18 years and older living in the home) must be below the following:
How to Apply
- Click here to download an application in English.
- Complete the entire application and be sure to sign and date your completed application.
- Include copies of your written proof of income, ownership, and residence. Your application is incomplete until we receive written proof of each of these items.
- Return the completed application and supporting paperwork to our office via mail, fax, or in-person.
If you have any questions or concerns while filling out your application, please feel welcome to call our office at (650) 366-6597 or visit us in person at 841 Kaynyne Street in Redwood City. We are happy to help you over the phone or to schedule a house visit or meeting at our office to help you complete the application.
In Their Words
“Rebuilding Together Peninsula makes me believe in my fellow man. I can get help when I am down.”
“I’m still pinching myself to remind me that this beautiful house is really mine.”
“I can’t find better words to express to each and every one of you my heartfelt gratitude and utmost thanks for all the help or work you have done in my house—which was your home for one memorable and unforgettable day last April 30th, 2011.”
“[RTP gave me] peace of mind over things that had been a nagging daily worry for years.”
“For me and my sons, your organization has been a life-saver. You did so much for us. With health issues and 3 deaths in our immediate family in 1-1.5 years, it’s been overwhelming. You are like guardian angels that really took care of us beyond our wildest dream. If you didn’t come along, we probably would have lost our house. It really makes me cry, especially to see my own son so excited about all of this.”